Green Undertakings are here to assist in offering choices as we appreciate that people are think about funerals in a new light considering an alternative or a new way forward, challenge the current protocol / practice, looking at ways to make the celebration of a loved one personalised and more truthful to their beliefs i.e. non-religious, Green options.
1. You do not have to have a funeral if you do it does not need to be in a licenced building.
2. You can have a funeral at home, in the garden.
3. You are not required to use a clergyman
4. You are not required to use an undertaker
5. By law you’re not required to use a coffin (you will require a coffin if cremated)
6. Your burial may be on private land, you may be buried under a tree in your garden