Funeral Options at Green Undertakings
The law offers more scope and more choice than most people think and funeral directors offer. The law protects and gives certain rights to people who chooses to be buried or cremated without the rites of the Church of England or indeed of any other church.
Green Undertakings are here to assist in offering choices as we appreciate that people are thinking about funerals in a new light considering an alternative or a new way forward, challenge the current protocol / practice, looking at ways to make the celebration of a loved one personalised and more truthful to their beliefs i.e. non-religious, Green options.
- You do not have to have a funeral if you do it does not need to be in a licensed building.
- You can have a funeral at home, in the garden.
- You are not required to use a clergyman
- You are not required to use an undertaker
- By law you’re not required to use a coffin and there are certain crematoria that will now permit cremation on a board with a shroud/suitable bag/covering.
- Your burial may be on private land, you may be buried under a tree in your garden
Knowing there are choices, knowing what those choices are and acting upon them is an important way to feel more in control of a situation
BESPOKE FUNERALS AT GREEN UNDERTAKINGS
Green Undertakings has an alternative attitude and do not believe that your loved one should be automatically whisked away. Remember the choice and possibility, should be offered and as always it is better if the preference has been thought about in advance.
Green Undertakings has a relaxed approach and permit a wider choice of materials, less control on design and more freedom for families to make decisions that are truly personalised which reflect the beliefs and life of their loved one.
We support families in helping them arrange their loved ones celebration of a life from as little or as much as they feel comfortable in arranging, attention to detail is important. Our families are only charged for what they want, providing price transparency. Bridging the information gap on what is available and how much can be completed by the family.